Totango is looking for world-class Enterprise Customer Success Managers that can make a direct connection between a company’s strategic goals and how our solution is implemented.
As an Enterprise Customer Success Manager you will be responsible for working with some of our largest and most strategic customers. In this senior level role you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of customers and be accountable for the total value of this portfolio (by reducing churn and creating expansion opportunities). You will do that by building long-term strategic relationships with our customers and ensuring they realize full value from their investment with Totango. Your focus will be to make every customer in your portfolio wildly successful resulting in a long-term relationship with Totango.
A significant part of your role will be to serve as a Customer Success mentor - learning your customers’ desired business goals, influencing their Customer Success strategy, and offering best practices and solutions to make sure their strategy will be successful. You will also serve as a customer advocate, often functioning as a liaison between our customers and all internal Totango teams (Professional Services, Product, and more).
Specifically, we’re looking for someone who is:
- Able to connect-the-dots from Board-level objectives to departmental goals (KPIs and MBO’s) to business processes to how our solution is configured and implemented. And back again.
- This involves determining the appropriate use cases, configuring our product to drive key processes, linking the changes in business metrics (KPIs) to an ROI model or Scorecard, and ultimately driving major business outcomes for your customers.
- A master relationship-builder and dynamic communicator with a track record of successfully building rapport with executive client partners.
- Equally comfortable with creating and evaluating strategic plans as they are with executing on the individual action items and details.
- A collaborator who can quickly identify the correct internal resource and work closely with them to ensure your customer’s needs are addressed quickly and completely.
- Organized, with the ability and experience to manage projects, processes and people effectively. You drive/track the macro and micro seamlessly and communicate next steps with ease.
- A high-achiever that is laser focused on exceeding your customer’s expectations, offering valuable add-ons specific to them, and you’re always looking for ways to solve a problem better.
This role will be based out of our HQ location in San Mateo, CA.
- Managing a portfolio of customers, and be in charge of its total revenue for Totango
- Work with customers to ensure onboarding, user adoption, retention and overall success
- Develop and execute on account plans that will ensure the success of your customers
- Training customers on how to use and leverage Totango to improve their Customer Success results
- Engage regularly with customers via strategic and operational reviews to evaluate needs and strategic direction
- Track accounts to identify churn risk and work proactively to eliminate that risk
- Ensure any account issues are resolved quickly, utilizing resources from across Technical Support, Product, Engineering, etc.
- Function as the voice of the customer and provide internal feedback on how Totango can better serve our customers
- Present the Totango value proposition and product features to audiences ranging from Senior Executives to Customer Success Managers
- Become an expert on the customer’s Totango Implementation and the go-to person for their strategic business direction
- Educate customers on the value they can generate from the power of their Totango solution
- Continually assess, document, and analyze customer progress toward stated goals and results
- Ensure customers employ best practices and their Totango implementation is optimized for maximum value
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years experience as an Enterprise Customer Success Manager in a software company
- Strong knowledge of online software (SaaS) products and services, broadly defined
- Experience in Product Management, Consulting, Data Analysis, or Financial Analysis is preferred
- Great communication, account management, project management and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders including senior level executives, customer success, sales, technical, finance and marketing experts
- Proven ability to build and sell business cases to customer teams
- Strong writer and speaker – documents, presentations, webinars and events
- Organized and systematic with great attention to detail
- Able & willing to travel periodically as the job requires (20%)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in computer science, business, or related field